Thursday 29 April 2021

Instapot cooking / OPOS cooking / Nutricook

 Think most of us with a pressure cooker have tried OPOS cooking is some way or the other. I did not go for an Instapot  earlier, thinking it is just another glorified pressure cooker but my opinion has changed. It lets me do so much more and without much worries. Recently have been watching many OPOS videos and thought I shall try the same in my Instapot. Since I do not have separators and since pot-in-pot(POP) cooking did not work well I tried another way. When I tried POP to cook rice and dal, realized that the heat was not uniform. Today I made three dishes in my Instapot. Mine is actually the Nutricook 6 quarts cooker.



I made an avial, potatoes for mezhukkuparatty and brinjal. I placed the vegetables for the avial inside the inner pot and the ground paste on top of it then put the inner stand on which I placed a slotted scrapper that I seldom use. In this I placed the cut brinjal. On top of this I placed my steamer filled with potato mixed with chilly and turmeric powder. I used 1/2 a cup of water for the aviyal.

The pressure is set to 3 minutes but if you want the vegetables crispier 2 minutes will do. The pressure was released manually.

Will be trying more dishes this way. Was thinking of buying a separator but it is not available here. For the time being this will suffice.



No comments:

Post a Comment