Sunday 28 April 2013

Lasagne

Last night our daughter was in a mood to cook, especially since she had just finished a tiring Chemistry test. It reminded me of my own cooking experiments when I was her age. I started off with noodles and it was my Father who had to bear the brunt! Having grown up in a tea estate, I had the opportunity to see many cooks in action and was able to pick up some valuable tips. We had one from Tamilnadu who was an expert in Dosa and that is when I fell in love with Rava Dosa. It is from him I learnt how to make paper thin dosas and still do at home.

Anyway, after reading many recipes daughter told me that she is going to follow her own method! Like a seasoned cook did she tell me that! But with minimum or no help from me she did manage our dinner yesterday.

Lasagne



Ingredients

1. Lasagne sheets - 10-12
2. Chicken breast cubed - 1 no
3. Chopped red capsicum - 1 no
4. Butter - 2 Tbspn
5. Knorr bechamel mix - 1 packet
6. Pepper and salt - to taste
7. Milk - 1 or 2 cups
8. Shredded Mozarella Cheese - as needed
9. Olive oil - 1 tbspn
10. Pizza sauce - enough to layer


Method

Boil the lasagne sheets as per instruction and run cold water over to cool it. Separate them and place them on a plate. Saute the capsicum in butter and pour the bechamel mix that has been mixed well in milk. Let it simmer and thicken. Take the baking dish and spread the bechamel mix and top it with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spread a layer of pizza sauce. Repeat this until you have exhausted the sheets and the bechamel mix. You can also sprinkle the cheese if you care to. Top it with a final layer of lasagne sheets, sprinkle some cheese and drizzle some olive oil. Cover it with a tin foil and bake it for 25 minutes at 170 degrees. Remove the tin foil and bake it further until the top is browned a little. Take it out and let it cool before you dig in.

No comments:

Post a Comment