Sunday 21 April 2013

Tinned Tuna Tarts / Puffs

Finally I tried my hands in Puff making and succeeded! Of course the pastry was readymade and so the credit does not go entirely to me. I had picked up the frozen puff pastry from the supermarket hoping to make something out of it. It sat in the freezer for a while until I realized that it cannot be. I had some left over cutlet mix and stuffed the puffs with the same. I baked a few and fried a few and realized that frying it was silly :)  The next time I made a mix with tinned tuna and even this came out well. I made it in the form of tarts as well as shapes that I could conjure. 

Tinned Tuna Tarts / Puffs

Ingredients

1. 160gm tin white tuna - 2 nos
2. Chopped ginger - 1 tbspn
3. Boiled potato - 1 medium
4. Mix of herbs- 1/2 tspn each ( I used dried dill leaves, dried rosemary, kasuri methi)
5. Garam Masala and pepper powder - 1 tspn each
6. Cream Cheese - 1 Tbsn (optional)
7. Peas - 1/4 cup







Method

Stir the drained tuna, peas and ginger in a non stick pan until any water in it runs dry. Add the powders and mashed potato. Mix well. Turn off the heat and add cream cheese. Mix it again. Spread the mix onto the pastry if you are making tarts and top it with shredded cheese. (Used mozzarella). If you are making puffs, fill the centre with the mix and fold the pastry. Once it is baked it will form shapes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment